HOW OFTEN SHOULD HVAC BE SERVICED IN SEATTLE?
August 07, 2023
If you own a home in Seattle, you might be wondering: How often should my HVAC be serviced? Seattle doesn’t suffer some of the same weather extremes that other areas of the U.S. do, but don’t assume that means you don’t need regular tune ups for your furnace or AC unit.
In this blog, we’ll detail everything you need to know about HVAC services, including the benefits and costs of routine maintenance and what the tune-up process looks like.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Do HVAC Systems Require Routine Maintenance?
- What Does Routine HVAC Maintenance Include?
- How Much Does an HVAC Tune up Cost?
- Does HVAC Maintenance Save Money?
- How Do I Know if My HVAC Needs Maintenance?
- Get Your HVAC Repaired with Blue Flame, Heating Air & Electric
DO HVAC SYSTEMS REQUIRE ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?
HVAC systems are complex, so we recommend routine maintenance to address potential concerns before they become bigger issues. Routine checkups also help to ensure your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system remains energy efficient and in top working condition.
You should schedule an HVAC maintenance service at least once a year to ensure your system runs smoothly and doesn’t require serious repair. However, we suggest scheduling a routine maintenance tune up twice a year, once in the Spring for AC and once in the Fall for heating.
THE BENEFITS OF AN BI-ANNUAL HVAC TUNE UP
If you live in the Seattle area, you understand how critical it is to have a working heater. While temperatures don’t get as frigid as in other areas of the U.S., you should still have a qualified technician perform a heating service in your home to ensure your furnace functions properly throughout the winter.
Summer in Seattle may be gorgeous, but there are those scorching days when you’ll be glad you have a working AC. Schedule an air conditioning repair service and get your system running properly before the next heat wave hits.
By scheduling an annual tune up, you can give yourself the peace of mind of knowing that your unit is working as it should and will continue to keep you and your family comfortable and safe from the heat or cold.
An HVAC tune up can:
- Save money: You can minimize minor system hiccups before they become costly repairs.
- Keep your home safe: An annual tune-up can reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and keep your pipes from bursting in freezing weather.
- Help protect the environment: An optimal HVAC unit consumes less fuel, which helps reduce your household carbon footprint.
- Increase system lifespan: With annual check-ups, you can increase the HVAC’s efficiency and maximize its lifespan. Plus, you’ll avoid having to replace your entire system.
- Improve indoor air quality: Replacing your air filters will ensure your HVAC blows clean, filtered air throughout your home.
Tune-ups and routine maintenance offer great benefits. Call 206-388-5667 to speak to an expert about your home’s maintenance options.
WHAT DOES ROUTINE HVAC MAINTENANCE INCLUDE?
What is an HVAC service, exactly? A basic HVAC maintenance service includes a check-up on everything that could affect your heater, air conditioner, and ventilation system (HVAC).
Here is some of what you can expect when you schedule an annual check-up:
- Air filter replacement to maintain proper airflow
- Proper lubrication to conserve energy
- Outdoor unit inspection to remove debris and dirt
- A drain examination to avoid clogging
- Electrical connection check-up to ensure optimal voltage
- A fan assessment to check for blade damage
- Coil cleaning so your AC unit operates more efficiently
- Adjustments to the blower components to ensure air flows properly through your system
HOW LONG DOES HVAC MAINTENANCE TAKE?
It’s difficult to estimate a time frame for an HVAC repair service. Technicians consider a lot of factors when determining how long HVAC maintenance will take, such as:
- Type of AC unit you have
- Date of your last HVAC tune-up
- The size of your home
The process may take longer if you need a full-system repair or a replacement. For example, if a technician determines that you need a replacement for your air conditioner, maintenance can take three to five days. If you have your team install a new AC unit in a crawl space, this could also delay the process.
HOW MUCH DOES AN HVAC TUNE UP COST?
Your AC tune up cost will depend on the type of service, the equipment, and the complexity of the problem. To find out an exact cost specifically for your home’s HVAC tune up, give us a call at 206-388-5667.
Annual maintenance costs will also vary depending on the system and the service type. You’ll also have to account for climate. If your region receives scorching heat during the summer, you may pay more for AC repairs. This is primarily because the demand for repairs increases greatly during this period as homeowners try to avoid extreme temperatures.
How much is an HVAC service call? If you live in Seattle, the cost of a service call will depend on the timing of your call and whether you’re quoted a flat rate from your technician. . You might end up paying more for service calls on the weekends or holidays. We offer all customers a service guarantee and we are excited to service your call. Give us a call today at 206-388-5667 to learn how much your tune up or HVAC service call will cost.
DOES HVAC MAINTENANCE SAVE MONEY?
By taking proactive measures to maintain your HVAC unit, you can reduce out-of-pocket expenses while keeping your home well-ventilated. Here are some additional ways HVAC maintenance can save you money:
- Energy bills: An HVAC system that operates at peak performance uses less energy, reducing your electric bill.
- Emergency calls: Paying for a technician to come to your home to fix a broken thermostat outside of working hours can be costly. If your system is up-to-date, you can avoid the need for emergency calls.
- Warranty compliance: Many HVAC systems come with written guarantees. However, some of these warranties are only valid if you keep up with scheduled maintenance services.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY HVAC NEEDS MAINTENANCE?
If it’s been a while since you last had an HVAC tune up, there are a few signs to watch out for that indicate your unit needs an upgrade. If you notice any of the following, then it is time to schedule another maintenance service call.
- Your energy bill increases with no explanation.
- There’s no airflow in your home.
- You notice unexpected loud noises coming from your unit.
GET YOUR HVAC REPAIRED WITH BLUE FLAME, HEATING AIR & ELECTRIC
As a homeowner, you want to rely on your HVAC unit to work when needed. This starts with finding a reliable HVAC service team you can trust to make the right call regarding the health of your heating and cooling system.
Blue Flame values customer satisfaction so much that we offer a no-breakdown money-back guarantee. We’ll refund you if you’re unsatisfied with your AC, furnace, or comfort system.
Last Updated: August 08, 2023