BENEFITS OF DUCTLESS HEAT PUMPS IN SEATTLE
Indoor climate technology has become very sophisticated in recent years. Environmental concerns have led thousands of Seattle homeowners to embrace newer, more efficient heating and cooling systems—including ductless heat pumps. As the name suggests, ductless heat pumps do not require ductwork to operate. To learn more about ductless heat pumps and whether you should install one in your home, contact the heating and cooling experts at Blue Flame.
Ductless heat pumps function similarly to traditional split-system heat pumps. A ductless heat pump extracts heat from the air, concentrates it, and expels it using an air handler. A heat pump can remove hot air from indoors during the summer and blow warm air into your home during the winter. The key difference between ductless heat pumps and the traditional models is, as you might guess, ductwork. Ductless heat pumps don’t rely on ducts, and thus are not subject to costly duct leaks.
Benefits over Traditional Heat Pumps
When deciding whether to install a traditional heat pump or a ductless model, you should carefully weigh each appliance’s advantages. Here are a few of the advantages of a ductless heat pump.
- Simple Installation: Since there is no ductwork involved, installing a ductless heat pump
is simpler and less expensive than installing a traditional model. A three-inch hole in the wall is all that’s required to connect the indoor and outdoor components. Unlike other HVAC systems, ductless heat pump won’t compromise the current design or look of your home.
- Great Incentives: From cash incentives offered by local utility companies to federal energy efficiency tax credits, your ductless heat pump could deliver a number of financial benefits. Call us to learn more about the opportunities available to you.
- High Efficiency: Many traditional heat pumps only have an on and off setting. Ductless
heat pumps tend to have more sophisticated settings, and are thus more efficient. As a result, your monthly utility bill will be lower.
- Higher Air Quality for Your Home: Ductless systems contain air purifying filters designed to clean the air circulated in your home or business so that you can enjoy the benefit of fresh air without gaseous odors, dust, allergens, pollen, and mold.
Like traditional heat pumps, ductless heat pumps operate best in moderate climates. Here are a few ideal applications for ductless models.
- New Construction Homes: A ductless system is most effective in a space that is specially designed for it. If you’re planning on building a home in the Seattle area, consider going
- Homes with Electric Heat: If your home has baseboard heaters or some other kind of electric heating, you’ll find that a ductless heat pump is a cost-effective alternative.
- Renovations/Home Additions: Installing a ductless heat pump is a good idea if you’re planning a complex renovation or home addition. A ductless system can spare you the expense and headache of reinstalling or extending your ductwork.
Blue Flame is honored to install ductless heat pumps throughout the Seattle area. Call us to speak with a member of our Green Team at (206) 388-5667 to learn all about our heating and cooling services or schedule an appointment.
Your Satisfaction Guaranteed
We’re willing to go out of our way to make sure you’re happy, comfortable and satisfied with the work we do for you. If you experience any issues with a newly installed piece of equipment within the first two years, we’ll come out right away to fix it at no additional charge. If your system breaks down altogether in those first two years, we’ll come out within 24 hours to fix it and give your $500 for your trouble. You read that right! These and a number of other guarantees are at your fingertips when you sign up for service with Blue Flame.